eLearning. Learn how to take teaching online.
Learn eLearning the smart way with eLearning training courses at CCE, the University of Sydney.
Limited time only | 15% off new courses
From today to 31 March 2019, enjoy 15% off our new courses from different subject areas. The discount will apply automatically on checkout. Enrolments made as part of this offer are non-refundable and this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. For more details please visit our fee concessions page.
Learn how to plan, design and market an elearning course.
This introductory elearning course looks at ways of creating successful online training materials and learning objects such as videos, podcasts and presentations. Learn to link them to platforms including an LMS, Blog and CMS. The course includes hands-on exercises using a pre-installed LMS application, each student can then create and upload their own training learning objects created in class.
This elearning course is ideal for those creating product training materials, those creating online training for professional services, or those involved in teaching via elearning at any level.
This course aims to teach you the online course development lifecycle, including creating, managing and marketing an online course. Develop your understanding of authoring tools including video and audio for storytelling and gain hands-on experience with an online course.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- identify the different types of learning management systems available (self-hosted or cloud-based)
- develop engaging learning objects to be used on websites, blogs and LMS’s as part of the online learning process
- explore different types of learning activities that could be embedded for learner engagement
- explore different assessment strategies for learner feedback
- log in to an online LMS and explore ways of creating and linking learning objects.
Introduction to elearning
- Planning (technology, products, budget, marketing)
- How to get started
- Benefits of elearning
- Limitations and challenges of elearning
- Evaluation of elearning models and learning theory
- The use of free tools
- Exploring LMS’s available on the market
Content and structure
- Key elements of course structure
- Creating online activities and engagement
- Creating an online assessment
- Working with content (Text is King)
- Using effective PowerPoint and slides techniques for elearning
- Transforming PowerPoint into powerful flash content
- Converting PowerPoint to web pages
- Free vs Commercial elearning tools
- Adobe Captivate
- Articulate – Rapid elearning
- Why include digital stories in your elearning
- Steps for creating effective video clips
- Tools required (hardware, software)
Creating your online channels
- Working with YouTube
- Steps in creating effective Podcasts
- Tools required (hardware, software)
- PM3, Apple iTunes and RSS Feeds
- Embedding Podcasts to website, blogs and other channels
- Adding Podcasts to search engines
- Assignment, forum, quiz, wiki, surveys, blogs, journals
- Marketing elearning programs
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Offline marketing
Suitable for teachers, business owners, entrepreneurs, RTO managers, and anyone wanting to learn the steps of creating online courses for profitability.
Delivery of this two-day workshop includes a blended learning approach where you use your own device to follow along with class activities. During group work, you will have the opportunity to discuss various online learning strategies and to share your previous and current work experiences.
Bring your own device
You are required to bring your own device (Windows or Mac). You should ensure your device is fully charged as access to power is limited. Please note that University does not carry any responsibility for your lost, stolen, or damaged devices whilst on the University premises.