Elearning Course for Business
Learn how to deliver your training online with our Elearning courses in Sydney.
Get up to speed on the latest technologies and strategies for online course creation and explore the new ideas for innovative teaching. Learn how to effectively implement e-learning with our Elearning courses in Sydney - short courses open to everyone.
Learn how to plan, design and market elearning courses. This elearning course is ideal for those who need to create product training materials; or would like to set up an online training for your professional service, or become involved in teaching via elearning at any level. This introductory elearning course looks at ways of creating successful online training material as learning objects such as videos, podcasts, presentations then linking them to a platform such as an LMS, Blog or a CMS. This elearning course will include hands on exercises using a pre-installed LMS application, each student can then create and upload their own training learning objects created in class.
This elearning course aims inform you of the online course development cycle which includes creating, managing and marketing an online course. This elearning course aims to develop your understanding of some of the authoring tools used for online course creation including video and audio for story telling and provides you with hands-on experience with an online course that could be used to promote as an online product by the end of the course.
After completing this elearning course you should be able to:
- Identify the different types of learning management systems available (self-hosted or cloud based).
- Develop engaging learning objects to be used on websites, blogs and LMS’s as part of the online learning process.
- Explore different types of learning activities that could be embedded for learner engagement.
- Explore different assessment strategies for learner feedback.
- Login to an online LMS and explore ways of creating and linking learning objects.
This elearning course covers the following topics:
Introduction to elearning
- Planning (technology, products, budget, marketing).
- How to get started.
- Benefits of elearning.
- Limitations and challenges of eLearning.
- Evaluation of elearning Models and learning theory.
- The use of free tools.
- Exploring LMS’s available on the market.
Content and structure
- Key elements of course structure.
- Creating online activities and engagement.
- Creating online assessment.
- Working with content (Text is King).
- Using effective Powerpoint and slides techniques for elearning.
- Transforming Powerpoint into powerful flash content.
- Converting Powerpoint to web pages.
- Free vs Commercial elearning tools.
- Adobe Captivate.
- Articulate – Rapid eLearning.
- Why include digital stories in your elearning.
- Steps for creating effective video clips.
- Tools required (hardware, software).
- Creating your online channels.
- Working with Youtube.
- Steps in creating effective Podcasts.
- Tools required (hardware, software).
- PM3, Apple iTunes and RSS Feeds.
- Embedding Podcasts to website, blogs and other channels.
- Adding Podcasts to search engines.
Exploring browser extensions for content editing
- Apps for Google Chrome.
- Apps for Mozilla Firefox.
- Assignment, Forum, Quiz, Wiki, Surveys , Blogs, Journals.
- Moodle (Learning Management System).
- Joomla (Content Management System).
- Wordpress (Blog Websites).
- Web 2.0 sites.
Mobile Learn for elearning
- What is mobile learn (mLearn).
- Benefits and challenges of mobile learning.
- Setting up mobile learning.
- Marketing elearning.
Marketing elearning programs
- Online marketing.
- Social Media marketing.
- Email marketing.
- Off-line marketing.
This elearning course is suitable for anyone wanting to get up to speed on technologies and strategies for online course creation. This elearning course is designed for anyone wanting to explore other ideas for teaching and embedding strategies such as flipped learning and blended learning. Organisational leaders and training managers wanting to design in-house online training programs will benefit from this elearning course as well as education change agents including lecturers, teachers, and educators at all levels who need to deliver cutting edge teaching solutions.
This elearning course is presented as a practical, instructor-led computer-based course. You’ll have access to a hosted LMS application so you can follow instructor training and work through examples in an application-focused teaching environment. A number of activities will be included in the course for participants to share ideas on topics such as course titles, target audiences, course outcomes, marketing and selection of course development tools that fit purpose and budget.
This elearning course has no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public.
As part of this elearning course, participants will have access to an online course toolkit directory.