Virtual Reality (VR) Course
Experience a reality where imagination springs to life with our Virtual Reality courses in Sydney.
Virtual reality (VR) is a computer-generated scenario that simulates a realistic experience. The immersive environment can be similar to the real world in order to create a lifelike experience grounded in reality or sci-fi. Augmented reality systems may also be considered a form of VR that layers virtual information over a live camera feed into a headset, or through a smartphone or tablet device. Learn about the world of virtual reality with our Virtual Reality courses in Sydney - short courses open to everyone.
The world of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) are known as immersive technologies that provide new ways for people to interact and use digital information like never before. Virtual reality and augmented reality take conventional media content such as images, audio, text and interaction into new medium that can be used across different domains such as marketing, engineering, medicine, education, fashion and more to assist companies with marketing, sales, training and data visualisation. Virtual reality and augmented reality are not just about gaming; they will transform how business owners develop future content to be consumed through virtual reality.
In this innovative virtual reality (VR) course, you need to open your curious mind and eyes to future possibilities of the virtual world which will be part of our everyday lives. In this introductory virtual reality course you will learn what virtual reality and augmented reality are and how they are constructed with strong emphasis on storytelling, creativity and the use of latest technology (software, hardware, wearable). In this virtual reality course you will be able to test apps and be immersed in the world of virtual reality with hands on examples in many domains and case studies available. As a creative person, business owner or just a hobbyist we will investigate the creative process; the tools and the storytelling you need to plan in order to create your own future virtual experience.
This virtual reality course aims to:
- Equip you with the creative mindset you need to plan, design and execute your creative VR experience.
- Help you to understand the different types of mediums such as virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality and how you can possibly use them in your future business plans.
After completing this virtual reality course you will have greater understanding of:
- The future of virtual reality as a technology and its influence in many industries.
- How VR, AR and MR are changing the creative industry for the better.
- How VR, AR and MR are being used in business such as sales and marketing, remote assistance, training, and education.
- How VR and AR are being applied in many markets such as virtual reality ecommerce, virtual reality medical, virtual reality education, virtual reality engineering, virtual reality creative arts, virtual reality fashion, virtual reality apps and more.
- How you can explore virtual reality at home and the workplace.
This Virtual Reality course will cover the following content:
Virtual Reality (VR) Introduction
- What is Virtual Reality.
- Application of VR in industry.
- Resources requited.
- Storytelling with VR.
Augmented Reality (AM) Introduction
- What is Augmented Reality (AM).
- Application of augmented reality.
- Resources requited.
- What is 360.
- Application of 360.
- Resources requited.
- Our physical world in 360.
VR Tools / Resources
- Authoring Tools.
The Future of Virtual Reality (VR)
- Where to from here?
This is an introductory virtual reality course that is suitable for anyone who is new to the areas of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) and is of particular interest to those who are seeking opportunities that are present for business and industry through the implementation of VR, AR and MR. This virtual reality course is an introductory course designed for those with little to no prior knowledge of the benefits of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) technology in business.
This virtual reality course will be delivered as an interactive workshop consisting of an instructor-led lecture, demonstration, group and individual activities. This training approach allows you to work through concepts introduced by the instructor in an application-focused teaching environment. In this virtual reality course you’ll be introduced to the latest with apps and online resources to explore how VR, AR and 360 are developed.
Participants attending this virtual reality course are required to bring with them a smartphone or tablet (including charger).
This virtual reality course has no prerequisites and is open to all members of the public.