eLearning. Learn how to take teaching online.
Learn eLearning the smart way with eLearning training courses at CCE, the University of Sydney.
Limited time only | 15% off new courses
From today to 31 March 2019, enjoy 15% off our new courses from different subject areas. The discount will apply automatically on checkout. Enrolments made as part of this offer are non-refundable and this discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. For more details please visit our fee concessions page.
Get up-to-speed on the latest technologies and strategies using WordPress for online course creation. You will explore new ideas for creating a micro course and learn how to effectively implement elearning strategies for your business.
This elearning course is ideal for you if you would like to create product training materials, would like to set up online training as part of your professional service, or become involved in teaching via elearning at any level.
By the end of the course you will have created your own WordPress website with an online course as a product. You can continue to use it either as a personal website, or as a professional website for your business.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- create an online course website suitable for business in WordPress
- plan, write and publish course content for elearning
- enable third-party plugins with integration to Facebook and social media distribution
- understand the marketing mix available to promote and sell online courses.
This course covers the following topics:
- setting up your website hosting
- creating an online course
- selecting course and website themes
- adding widgets and third-party plugins to your website
- writing your course content with accompanying rich media
- embedding video, audio and images in your course content and website
- creating self-paced assessments for your courses.
- integrating social and digital media
- social and digital media strategy.
This course is suitable for small businesses owners, start-ups and EDUpreneurs.
- Computer-based training
You will be provided with a list of online resources.
Bring your own device
You are required to bring your own device (Windows or Mac). You should ensure your device is fully charged as access to power is limited. Please note that University does not carry any responsibility for your lost, stolen, or damaged devices whilst on the University premises.